Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
I open my mind that you may see with my searching eyes,
Immerse yourself in my being, think only as one with me.

I dip my feet in the weeping river, lapping at my feet;
Oh, laughing, dancing water from whence have you come?
That you may share the very essence of my being,
That the stuff of my frolicking laugh flows in your ripples,
And my smiles in the sunlight that glints off your brooks and streams.

Run, swift feet, to the end of the stream, show me the rock from whence it came,
The core of all souls that births emotion,
From the smiling, laughing waterfall, to the blackened weeping pond.
Oh, core-strengthened rock of fiercely protective love and steadfast standing belief,
Lend me a rough ledge on which to place my feet,
So that I may commence the journey of human success.

Give me a ledge of courage, and strength to push myself up,
But do not deny me the cuts and scrapes, the everyday problems of unsolvable fate,
For their scars will form and give me strength,
The iron core of human soul.

Cling, my travel-worn feet, to the rough bark of that everlasting tree,
The green pine which sprouts life through its extending branches,
Glimmers of soul in every passionate needle,
Waiting to pierce even the stoniest heart.

Bear me, oh life-giving branches,
Become one with the fiber of shared being,
The emotion of mutual nature,
In the purest state of life.

Lead me, oh thoughtful compass, to the north star of my righteous deeds,
To the dark cave of my innermost soul.
I shall not lose myself in its soft moss fabric of darkness,
For I am guided by the torch lit force of my blazing curiosity.
I reach my hands into the red heart of that wild inferno,
And my fingers do not feel pain.
For, though, truth may yet burn,
The rushing waters, tsunamis of newfound being shall fuse with the flame,

As all becomes one on the eternal scale.

1 comment:

  1. Wait actually how did you write this because this is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good that I don't know how it exists. You're an amazing writer! Keep it up! I'm not sure what else to comment.... too good.

    ReplyDelete